Executive board meeting minutes 9/28/2017
- Parking fundraiser vs the creek re-leaf project. We may be able to offer them discounted parking that day as a gesture of goodwill, but they are not able to reschedule their date.
- SLT request (via Carol Hickey) for info from the PTO about an academic direction for Chantilly going forward. The conversation will continue through the spring to make sure that everyone is speaking the same language going forward. Want to make sure the admin and SLT are very transparent. This will be an annual conversation.
- Carol Hickey will take about 45 minutes at the next Leadership meeting to discuss the SLT recommendations.
- Lottery dates have changed, but it shouldn’t really affect our Open House dates.
- We’ve budgeted $700 for the spaghetti dinner which may include purchasing some utensils and servingware for use every year. We could also ask for donations from families.
- We still need a receipt from Sutton for the popsicles on the playground event.
- Rachel and Alison will talk about the PTO membership drive.
- Acquisition Requests (Alison will share electronic versions of acquisition request forms for Ms. Ivy to share with the staff)
- Walkies/Radios for use around the school. CMS doesn’t supply them but we have to purchase from their specific vendor. Alison will try to price match from Amazon to the approved vendor. Looking at $1600 – $1800. Yes from everyone.
- Ms. Ivy and main office request benches for the main lobby/foyer area. The originally request was for a super nice but super pricey bench (like $800). Alison has found some office supply samples for us to look at. We need 2 or 3. We will approve the purchase of two of the $306 fabric and steel benches with a 5% discount. About $583 total.
- Ms. Camie conference request. She is presenting at NCSLMA and requesting some support. We give $250 per teacher for Montessori training and are willing to offer the same amount to Camie for her professional development.
- Future Agenda Item — Check policy: how to deal with NSF funds, etc. Just need a policy going forward.
- Sixth Grade class trip
Lots of line items on the Quick Books that were related to the trip that did not match up to what the 6th grade did.
What were the charges related to the Upper El walking tour of uptown?
Pizza charges for 6th grade meetings? We won’t pay for this next year. Pizza is for the kids night in fundraiser.
There were also charges there for the port-o-john and some other items. Alison figuring out some other line items for these items so the DC trip budget is much clearer.
- Natalie Brown is working on thinking about sponsors for the trip so we can keep cutting costs. We need Natalie to come up with just a few ideas to focus on to raise money. Trevor will talk to Natalie about choosing just a few ideas.
- We just raised $275 at the upper el parents night in.
Can we look at asking families for the full amount and then fundraise from there?
- What’s the best way to pay for taxis, metro, and meals? Is there a better way to pay for these items other than using gift cards? How is that usually done? We need to ask Ivy how that is usually handled. Can people use a personal credit card and be reimbursed after the fact?
- There’s also the option of opening a card for use for Chantilly people for specific events.
You can review meeting minutes, and our bylaws in our documents archive.
To join the PTO, please use the PTO Membership Form